Sep 25, 2022
The 4+4 Articulation Program was developed to assist students in their goal to become a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.). Located in St. Kitts in the Caribbean, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education, thereby making the transition to licensure in the US a reality.
Adelphi students can apply to RUSVM after completing at least 90 credits at Adelphi and begin their studies at RUSVM after receiving their Bachelor’s degree in this 4+4 Program. Four (4) reserved spots are available each year.
Requirements for Acceptance
- An overall Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher;
- A Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher in all courses designated by RUSVM as pre-requisites for admission;
- No F or D grade in any pre-requisite course designated by RUSVM (all pre-requisite coursework must have been completed within the past ten years)
- A score in the 20th percentile or better in each category of the Graduate Record Examination (in the case of multiple attempts, the highest score is taken from each section);
Additional admissions requirements include:
- AU Pre-Health Council evaluation including six letters of reference including at least three from science professors, one letter from a veterinarian acquainted with the applicant’s veterinary experience, and two other letters of reference.
- Experience working with animals with the equivalent of at least (150) hours of veterinary profession experience, working with animals or veterinary research. It is preferable that all such experience has taken place under the supervision of practicing veterinarians, but comparable experience may be considered.
- Personal essay indicating interest and experience with veterinary medicine.
- Personal interview with at least one member of the Pre-Health Council and a formal interview with RUSVM.
- Completion of the Following Pre-requisite coursework:
- General Biology I & II with Lab
- General Chemistry I or II with Lab
- Organic Chemistry I or II with Lab
- Cell Biology or Genetics
- Physics I with Lab
- Pre-calculus, Calculus, or Statistics
- Biochemistry I
- Expository Writing or another writing intensive or English course
- Nine semester hours; one of the courses to meet this requirement must be one of the following:
- Comparative Anatomy
- Medical terminology
- Animal Nutrition
- Spanish (or other foreign language)
- Public Speaking
- Introduction to Business
Substitutions and/or exceptions are made on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Admissions Dean and Faculty Admissions Committee at Ross.