4/3 B.S./D.P.T. Early Acceptance Program
Bachelor of Science Degree from Adelphi University/Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree from New York Medical College
Adelphi University has an Early Acceptance Program with the New York Medical College (NYMC) in which students’ study for four years at Adelphi and earn their B.S. degree in Exercise Science. The Early Acceptance program is designed to facilitate the admission of Adelphi University students into NYMC’s D.P.T. program. After successful completion of the fourth year at NYMC, students are eligible for the D.P.T. degree. Eligibility to this program is unlimited.
Early Acceptance Program Eligibility Requirements
- Completion of B.S. degree with Adelphi and the following pre-requisite coursework at Adelphi:
o Biology 1 with lab: BIO 111
o Chemistry with lab: CHE 111 & CHE 112
o Physics with lab: PHY 111 or PHY 113 & PHY 112 or PHY 114
o 2 English Classes
o 2 Psychology courses: Psychology: PIA 101 and one advanced level psychology course
o Statistics: MTH 113 or MTH 114
o One additional math course
o Anatomy & Physiology: BIO 203 and BIO 204
- Maintain a 3.2 overall GPA and 3.2 science GPA.
- No final grade below a C+ in pre-requisite coursework
- Current certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Physical Therapy Experience - Evidence of at least 100 total hours of volunteer work experience in two or more physical therapy settings under the direct supervision of a physical therapist. It is preferred that these settings serve patient populations with a variety of medical diagnoses.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required but highly recommended.
- The student must submit a formal Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) by September 30th of senior year.
- Receive a favorable recommendation from the Adelphi Pre-Health Council.
o One needs to be from a PT and faculty member.
For additional information, please contact Office of Pre-Professional Advising and Fellowships at (516) 877-3140 or preferably email email@example.com.