New York University College of Dentistry (NYUCD)
3/4 B.A. or B.S./D.D.S. Early Assurance Program
Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from Adelphi University/Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from New York University College of Dentistry
Adelphi University has an Articulation Agreement with NYUCD in which students’ study for three years at Adelphi. After completing 90 credits at Adelphi, students begin their first year of dental school which counts as the final 30
credits needed to be eligible for the bachelor’s degree at Adelphi. The bachelor’s degree will be awarded by Adelphi University after the first year of dental school. After successful completion of the fourth year at NYUCD students are
eligible for the D.D.S. degree. For more information on the program academic/standardized test requirements and the application deadline, please click here. Eligibility to this program is limited to 10 first year students.
NYUCD Program Admissions Eligibility Requirements -
- Completion of at least (90) credits of course work at Adelphi, including completion of all General Education requirements, all major coursework and the following pre-requisite coursework:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 and science GPA of 3.2 for each semester at Adelphi.
- No final grade below a C in any course.
- Take the Dental Admission Test (DAT) the summer between the students’ sophomore and junior year. Must
earn an Academic Average that is satisfactory at the time for NYUCD.
- The student must submit a formal ADEA AADSAS centralized application the end of the fall semester of their
- Must complete a satisfactory interview with NYUCD’s Admissions Committee
(Please note that program students who may be able to complete all Adelphi degree requirements within three years and plan to apply to other dental schools will lose their priority consideration by NYU CD.)
For additional information, please contact Office of Pre-Professional Advising and Fellowships at (516) 877-3140 or preferably email email@example.com.