NY State Program Code: 77145
HEGIS Code: 0837.00
CIP Code: 51.2208
Jean Harris, Program Director
Woodruff Hall, Room 170
p – (516) 877-4273
f – (516) 877-4258
e – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master of Arts in Community Health Promotion (CHP) is a 36 credit program that prepares students to promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health in a variety of public, private, and professional settings.
The master’s degree program prepares students to meet the Health Education Areas of Responsibility (National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.). Graduates of the program are equipped with the skills and training to:
- assess health status and/or the need for health education programs
- plan, implement, and evaluate health promotion or education programs
- administer and manage health education
- participate in securing funding
- serve as a health education resource person
- advocate for health and health education
Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam.
The program does not lead to New York State Teacher Certification.