This Agreement will guarantee Adelphi University (AU) students who meet specified criteria admission to Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Doctor of Pharmacy (ACPHS) Program and, upon successful completion of the applicable degree requirements, such students will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from AU and a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from ACPHS (hereinafter known as the “Program”). ACPHS was founded in 1881 and is one of the oldest colleges of pharmacy in the country Students accepted into ACPHS’s traditional Doctor of Pharmacy program will normally complete the Program in seven years. Exceptional students may be accepted into ACPHS’s three-year accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program offered on ACPHS’s Colchester, VT satellite campus, in which case such students could complete the Program in six (6) years.
The academic advising, admission, transfer of credits, enrollment, and monetary conditions under this Agreement will be carried out in accordance with the following policies and procedures:
1. Initial application to the Program will be made to AU. Admissions decisions with respect to the Program will be made by AU in its sole discretion.
2. Students will enroll in this Program by declaring a Biology major either at the time of admission to AU or early enough in their study at AU to permit them to complete all degree requirements in a reasonable time. The course requirements for the AU Biology program for progression into the ACPHS Doctor of Pharmacy program include:
Biological Concepts and Methods I and II
Bio 224 Research Project Lab
Category I course (Ecology & Evolutionary Biology)
Capstone course in final 2 semesters at Adelphi
General Chemistry I &II
Organic Chemistry I & II with Lab
Statistics for Natural Sciences
Physics I &II
All students must also complete all Gen. Ed. (approximately 36 credits) and/or Honors requirements.
Students must take 90 credits at Adelphi.
3. For students accepted into ACPHS’s traditional Doctor of Pharmacy program, the Program requires seven years of full-time equivalency study (three years at AU and 4 years ACPHS). For students accepted into ACPHS’s accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program, the Program requires six years of full-time equivalency study (three years at AU and 3 years at ACPHS). For the first three years the Host Institution for students in the Program will be AU, and for the remainder of the Program, the Host Institution will be ACPHS. Tuition and fees will be paid to the Host Institution according to its normal policies (including financial aid, etc.)..
4. Students in the Program will make a formal application to ACPHS by December 1 in the fall semester of their third year at AU and will be evaluated by ACPHS for admission.
5. Students enrolled in AU pursuant to this Agreement and who meet the following requirements will be eligible to matriculate at ACPHS:
i. completion of at least 90 credits at AU with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 (only grades of C- or above will count towards the 90 credits);
ii. completion of the required Pre-pharmacy courses at AU
iii. successful completion of an interview at ACPHS; and
iv. complete the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) with a satisfactory score, currently a composite percentile greater 20 and a writing score of 3 or higher, subject to review and revision by ACPHS.
6. ACPHS will reserve ten positions in each academic year for qualified AU students in this Program.
7. Students who have been admitted to ACPHS as part of the Program will receive a Bachelor of Science degree from AU once they have met all of the requirements for completion of the degree at AU.
8. Students will receive a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from ACPHS once the prescribed requirements of the applicable ACPHS program have been met.
9. Students in the Program are subject to the policies and procedures of their Host Institution, including, but not limited to, the codes of conduct and academic and financial policies. The Host Institution will have jurisdiction to suspend or terminate a student based upon its own policies and procedures, subject to written notice to the student and the other institution.
10. Students in the Program will be subject to the ACPHS’ computer requirement.
For additional information, please contact Office of Pre-Professional Advising and Fellowships at (516) 877-3140 or preferably email RSchwartz@Adelphi.Edu