• Evaluation of and credit for comparable course work may reduce certification credits needed; however, the M.A. degree requires a minimum of 34 credits in 500 level courses and above.
• Fieldwork is required and this experience will be selected and scheduled with the students’ adviser and the Coordinator of Health Studies Fieldwork and Student Teaching.
• Before starting the program, students may be able to transfer up to 6 credits of non-Adelphi graduate level courses and/or up to 9 credits of graduate level Adelphi courses to the program upon adviser’s approval, not to exceed 9 total transfer credits.
• Some courses in the program may be taken for noncredit with permission.
• The following New York State certification requirement workshops can be met by health education courses as indicated:
• Child Abuse Identification only–HED 601 , HED 702 and HED 507
• Child Abuse and Violence Prevention–HED 504 , HED 571 , HED 607 , HED 610 and HED 507
• Dignity for All Students Act–HED 507