w - joint-degree.adelphi.edu
Students at Adelphi who are interested in eventually earning a graduate degree in the health sciences an/or other professions can follow a variety of paths to reach their goals.
Adelphi University’s Joint Degree/Early Assurance and Early Acceptance Programs offer highly motivated and goal-oriented students a direct path to rewarding professional careers in dentistry, engineering, environmental studies, medicine, optometry, podiatry and physical therapy.
These programs give students an opportunity to combine Adelphi’s undergraduate experience with professional programs at such prestigious institutions as New York University College of Dentistry, Columbia University’s Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, New York Medical College, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the State University of New York (SUNY) College of Optometry. These programs are hugely rewarding, personally and professionally.
Alternative Admission Routes
Most students apply to the Joint Degree/Early Assurance Programs as high school seniors; however, with careful planning and advisement, some of these programs may be open to transfer students and current Adelphi students. Admission to Adelphi’s Joint Degree/Early Assurance Programs is highly selective and the work is challenging. For complete information on Adelphi admission requirements please see Admissions .
Participation in any one of the programs demands commitment and requires careful planning and advisement in terms of course selection and internships. Faculty and staff work as teachers, academic advisers, and counselors to help students meet the demands of each program. Students experience careful planning and advisement; a committed faculty; small classes; state-of-the-art computer, library, and laboratory facilities; opportunities for internships and research; and a stimulating environment in which they can succeed
Students interested in the Joint Degree/Early Acceptance Programs may also be eligible to apply to the Honors College or Levermore Global Scholars Program. While fulfilling Adelphi’s General Education requirements, students in the Honors College have a unique opportunity to look at contemporary issues through a wide-ranging knowledge of the past in art, science, social thought, and the humanities, with faculty mentors and a small group of students.
- 4+4 Early Acceptance Program (EAP) with the LECOM School of Dental Medicine
- Dentistry, B.A./B.S./D.D.S. (NYU)
- Law, B.A./B.S./J.D. (Albany)
- Medicine, B.A./B.S./D.O. (Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - LECOM)
- Medicine, B.A./B.S./D.O. (Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - PCOM )
- Optometry, B.S./O.D. (SUNY College of Optometry)
- Physical Therapy, B.S./D.P.T. (New York Institute of Technology)
- Physical Therapy, B.S./D.P.T. (New York Medical College)
- Podiatry, B.S./D.P.M (New York College of Podiatric Medicine - NYCPM )
- Pre-Engineering, B.A./B.S./M.S. (Columbia)
- The 4+4 Collaborative Affiliation Agreement with the Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine, B.A. or B.S./D.V.M. (Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine)