CSC (0145) 123 - Survey of Scientific Computing
Students will learn how computational problem solving can support and enhance scientific inquiry. Students will manipulate computer-based data, analyze and transform data sets, and use different data visualization techniques to recognize patterns.
Course Learning Goals: Students will be able to:
● explain how computer programs can support and enable scientific research. Assessed by reflection paper and final projects.
● articulate the range of science problems that can benefit from computation. Assessed by lab exercises and tests.
● apply computational methods and techniques to science problems. Assessed by lab exercises.
● create computer programs that solve directly, or contribute to solutions of, complex problems in biology, chemistry, physics and computer science. Assessed by lab exercises.
● explore and manipulate computer-generated data sets in order to perform basic statistical analysis. Assessed by lab exercises.
● explore and visualize computer-generated data sets in order to draw inferences. Assessed by lab exercises.