HIN (0308) 630 - Telemedicine Applications, Digital Health and m-Health
Students will acquire the basic knowledge necessary to understand telemedicine and mobile health applications, develop familiarity with new methods to provide clinical care, track and manage health outcomes and make healthcare delivery personalized, precise and efficient, and understand the various techniques used for data transfer in health care services.
Course Learning Goals: The students will be able to:
● Analyze the concept of telemedical systems.
● Evaluate hardware and software tools employed for data exchange.
● Apply the basic communication system and tools in telemedical instrumentation.
● Identify available telehealth technologies and the role they play in healthcare delivery.
● Identify strategies that contribute to effective telemedicine program development.
● Describe the purpose, attributes, and functions of patient monitoring systems.
● Analyze how the integration of data from many sources assists in making clinical decisions.
● Discuss how telehealth communication technologies support clinical care.
● Define an information system.
● Evaluate specialized information systems.
● Analyze the latest advances in medical technology and develop new clinical informatics system models.